Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Lord of Death or of Peace?


This is not a trailer for the Lord of the Rings or Eragon or any other fantasy movie. This is a call to christian warriors (I found it posted and critizied on the blog Breathe). I found it very disturbing. In fact it sent shivers down my spine.

I remember when the war against Iraq started, I heard an evangelical preacher form the States on international radio. She was thrilled with it. She shouted out the joy that she felt when she saw all the bombs and guns on the television. How can there be peace when they do not know the Prince of Peace, she said.

Religious tolerance is obviously a thing of the past. The Pope warns Europe against the dangers of Muslim immigrants and offends Latin American indigenous people.

I believe that the great majority of people with religious beliefs, whatever beliefs they are, are not violent and hateful. Unfortunately they do not always get to influence what their leaders say.


5 comments:

Graeme said...

I believe that the great majority of people with religious beliefs, whatever beliefs they are, are not violent and hateful. Unfortunately they do not always get to influence what their leaders say.

exactly! well said

Renegade Eye said...

See: Jesus Camp the Movie.

twinkydoo! i see you! =) said...

thankx for this. an eyeopener =)

Aaron A. said...

Thanks for the link, sorry I didn't notice it earlier :>)

Victor R. Vasconsellos K. said...

I agree with your last paragraph, and have to say that as a Christian myself, I also find the video a bit disturbing. I also found the comments most religious leaders in the US made about the war in Iraq quite disturbing. Jesus' message was one of love, not death and judgment. he came to bring salvation, not doom.

I truly hope more Christians would realize this as well.